Translate

Friday, October 17, 2008

Lean on me

We all have our little things that we try and try to over come. And no matter how hard we try, and how sincere we are, we are reminded that we are human after all.

I have a hard time accepting my adult daughter's life style. This poor kid of mine is convinced that I am the true Cybil. I get mad and speak my mind, only to dig my grave deeper. And then I am sorry. We go up and down like a yo yo. Both of us are strong people.

The other day, I came to the point that I was speechless, which never happens as a rule. After exhausting every approach, and trying to respect her free will,I thought, I turned to my friend and said help.

She didn't tell me what I wanted to hear. And she didn't candy coat what she said either. But, it was just, it was guiding with in the law of free will. I knew in my heart she was right, but I still felt uneasy with in my self.

My daughter asked me to do something that I just couldn't do.. come to visit and keep my mouth shut. She too is tired of arguing. I was out of time on answering her, so I decided to try something different.

When I got my friends advice in the email, even though I knew she was right, it was like taking some nasty tasting medicine. But, I trust her, and I know she acted out of love.

I cut and pasted her email to me, into a new email to my daughter. I changed it only by replacing the "hers" with "you" and the "you" with "I" and then I sent it off.

The email I got back from my daughter made me cry. It was truly a beginning of healing that I have not seen in almost a year.

I am convinced that there are times, when we can't see the forest for the trees. Some times we need a "human walk in" for lack of better words. I was stuck in the mud and spinning my tires, which only went deeper.

Its also a lesson in trust. To get to a point that can't get much worse, you have to let go and trust when some one is there to help.

In all the reading and searching that I have done, the bottom line is to look with in, and that we have all the answers. Perhaps that is correct in the next dimension, but in this third dimension, we are still very primitive.

I have a new appreciation for two things. I trusted my friend completely. This is a real biggie for me. A year ago, I didn't trust anyone, human. And two, I realized that I needed help, and asked.

Thank you Jan. I love you.

1 comment:

Jan Toomer said...

Wow Lacoyote! You made me tear up!
Thank you - and you are welcome.

We all get stuck at one (or more) times - and, my belief, is that this is when friends can be there to help however they can - just as you (and others) have done for me as well.

I wish you both warm hugs and healing!

JD
www.reality-undefined.com