Translate

Sunday, January 29, 2023

Trust the Process

 

 


  There’s a story I heard when I lived in Louisiana. The story was told, pre-Katrina, as a kind of joke. I don’t know who created it, but did my best to remember it as it was told to me.

* * *

The residents were warned that the hurricane was going to impact their city and the city recommended everyone evacuate.

One man said, “I don’t need to leave. G-d will save me.”

The waters rose, and a member of the rescue team approached in a boat. “Come on! I’ll bring you to safety!”

The name shook his head and said, “No, that’s okay. G-d’s going to save me.”

The waters continued to rise and the man had to climb on top of his roof. A helicopter came by, saw the man and hovered close enough to drop the man a ladder. “Come on! We’ll bring you to safety!”

But the man...Read More

by Jan Toomer



No comments: