Translate

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

New Beginnings - Part One

I am back and have had an amazing healing journey – some of which I will share with you all.

Before I go any further – please note that I am NOT a medical professional, an expert nor a facilitator. I am, in my own words, visualizations and impressions, reporting to you MY experience.


I cannot tell you that these results are typical (I do not know) – nor that you will perceive, react, or experience as I did; each individual is unique.

I arrived in Silver City New Mexico on Tuesday. Nervous and excited, I was met by Leesa Haire, one of the facilitators and owners of the Heartsong Center For Integrative Wellness. Though he was involved, I did not meet with the other owner/facilitator, Dr. Haire, until Sunday, my last day there.

It was time to begin my Brain State Conditioning ™. We began with the assessment.

Leesa had me fill out two questionnaires/surveys online. This was followed by a mapping session – which consisted of Leesa placing electrodes on my head, and instructed me to close my eyes; partially open my eyes; and then was given a simple task (such as reading)- each for one minute. She would then reposition the electrodes and repeat the process.


This lasted about two hours or so (though it didn’t seem long at all!) and was to map the brain activity for the forthcoming sessions. After the assessment, the results were reviewed and a course of action was planned for the following sessions.

A session, which lasts approximately 1 ½ hours, consists of about seven designs per session.

A design is about an eight to sixteen minute segment where you listen to musical tones/sounds.

Each design has specified electrode placement (to monitor the brain’s responses), and each design works on specified ‘hot spots’ (my term here).

All of which, the client is comfortably ensconced in anti-gravity chair (way comfy!).

The procedure is created to help rebalance the brain.

For me, the assessment revealed that the part of my brain that was supposed to be active during a working phase, wasn’t; and the part of my brain that was supposed to be active during quiet phases, wasn’t. It was backwards.

Some symptoms of this reversal are: the inability, or a hardship, in making decisions; difficulty in focusing; and becoming overwhelmed.

And one the common causes? Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Now, before you go into heavy denial – my understanding, energy-wise, is that any trauma – long or short term – can cause imbalanced patterns within the brain.

Again, energy-wise and my perception – we all experience this in some degree; therefore (in my personal opinion), we can all benefit from Brain State Conditioning ™.

End of Part One. Next week, I will present some of my journal entries from this re-balancing; which will include how my mind perceived the process and the changes that ensued.

By Jan Toomer
www.reality-undefined.com

No comments: