Translate

Monday, November 10, 2008

Peanuts!

Hi All!
As I clean the house and prepare to leave in the morning, I - as usual - forgot to shield the dogs from me. These little girls know when something is up - leaving behind their normally gentle, patient questions - I got bombarded so hard today! Ever heard two little dogs yelling in your head at a very fast pace, "Where we going? Are we going? Is someone coming here? Are you leaving us? What about lunch? Can I go potty before we leave? I am hungry. Where are we going? Is it time to go?"

And on, and on, and on.

Overwhelmed and trying to drown them out, I finally yelled, "You are going to drive me to suckin' nuts!" You see, for those of you who have heard me say "that sucks peanut butter - the crunchy kind" - this went way beyond suckin' peanut butter - this was straight to the peanuts! Argh!

So, I took them outside - we all cleared our heads - and then I explained to them the deal of what was going on (should've started with that, eh? Ha!)

Now they are conked out on the couch - no longer worried about me preparing to leave.
Go figure....

Have a good week everyone!

Jan JD Toomer
www.reality-undefined.com

No comments: