Translate

Sunday, August 13, 2023

Speak Your Truth

 


 

Your truths are yours.
My truths are mine.

Sometimes they overlap – and sometimes they don’t.

But, it still remains:

Your truths are yours.
My truths are mine.

Why am I bringing this up? For a few reasons, but for today it was because I was recently asked why I allow acrimonious, mordacious, or incensed comments on some of my posts or shared posts.

I allow this because they are commenting on their truth. It saddens me when someone responds to an opinion, or another’s truth, with such scathing; these are emotions based in fear. But, that was their truth as that time. That doesn’t mean I like or agree with them, but I will respect their right to feel the way they feel.

However, having said that, I will not allow if comments crank up to bullying, targeting, or verbal/physical attacks.

“I’m sorry, but…”

If someone starts a sentence or conversation, or inserts this, they are not... Read More

by Jan Toomer



No comments: