Translate

Sunday, April 23, 2023

How Do I Allow?

 

 


 By acknowledging that others have the right to their life journey without your judgment or criticism*. This, however, doesn’t mean that we accept abuse in any form.

Sometimes it’s Hard


Sometimes it’s hard to listen to those who wish to complain and yet do nothing to change; they stay in a perpetual loop in victim-mode energy. They just want to whine and not change.

We can respect ourselves and respect others by accepting everyone’s right to their experiences. We can be a shoulder to cry on or lend an ear to listen to someone’s venting and still not try to rescue them. Gentle suggestions may be offered, but the decision is theirs, not ours.

With the victim-mode scenario, if it were me listening to someone who wants to stay in that mode, I’d be done. I don’t want to play in anyone’s victim-mode sandbox.

I can allow them the right to keep playing, but I can walk away a no longer engage.

I may sometimes sound cold or dispassionate, but I assure you I am not.

Allowing is Not


- Entitlement. No one...Read More

by Jan Toomer

No comments: