Translate

Sunday, July 17, 2022

Becoming Feral - Part Two

 

 


 

 ~ Part One ~

I turned and ran. I ran away from the Tracker and from the Complex life. In pure survival mode and driven to succeed in gaining freedom, I pushed myself hard.

The Tracker wasn’t trying to hide his pursuit as we both crashed through the terrain. Though I didn’t think he was moving as fast as he could. Maybe playing with his prey before capture?

About 200 yards in front of me, someone dressed in all black stepped out from behind a tree. “Hurry! Come with me! We can help!”

Ugh! Out of the frying pan and into the fire? No way.

My brain became calm and gently guided me to swerve out of the path of this new person.

As I moved behind a massive tree, my brain said, “Picture a safe place in a clearing, near water, far away from both of them. Now, turn sideways and move to that location.”

Some part of me instinctively knew this was possible, so I followed the directions...and ended up in a...Read More

by Jan Toomer

No comments: