Translate

Sunday, November 1, 2020

Waiting with Bated Breath

 


  I talked with a woman when I went to pick-up my to-go order. We both complained about our state governor and her determination to kill off small businesses with her multitude of “mandates”, many  that frankly defy common sense.

The lady commented on the “Red and blue states”, and how the states of the other color seem to be fairing well with covid.

My reply was, “Red and blue haven't worked out so well. We need other choices, like white or pink...something else.”

On the drive home, my team spoke up. “There are alternatives.”

Yes, there are. But the alternative runners don't have the financial backing to stand up and stand out. So, the public seems to choose between the lesser of two evils.

“There are alternatives,” the team reiterated... Read More

by Jan Toomer

 

No comments: