Translate

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

They Had Forgotten


We’ve been working hard to heal and clear our pasts; to remove our own anchors that have been keeping us attached to the third dimension. And continue to work hard.

Why? What’s the purpose?

She’d Received a Call

My mother rushed her packing. She’d received a call earlier, telling her she needed to get to Illinois as soon as possible. Her father was dying. As she and my father headed out the door to catch their flight, she’d said she’d let me know what was going on.

Turned out my grandfather had stubbornly waited too long to see a doctor; his body, riddled head to toe with cancer, was shutting down.

His wife, their children and their spouses sat around as he rested in a morphine-drip slumber; they had come to say good-bye. 

His body soon died – freeing his soul.

When my parents returned, they were understandably somber. But, my mother was also openly hostile to me; so much so that when she’d walked past me, she would slam her shoulder into me...

Read More


by Jan Toomer









No comments: