Translate

Sunday, October 23, 2022

Re-Writing My Future: A Stroke in Time

 

 


Re-Writing My Future: A Stroke in Time

by Jan Toomer

For many years, I fought the metaphysical aspects of myself. What I wanted was a normal vocation and normal life. I wanted to be an archeologist or child psychologist. I am neither. I was born a multi-talented sensitive who ended up having a stroke and losing touch with some of my abilities. I then had to work to get my abilities back.

I think there were two main obstacles I had to overcome – myself and what society then deemed as normal and acceptable.

A stroke can be a curse or a blessing in disguise, but I had to decide which it was for me. In the process I learned I needed to be true to myself, and to find and nurture my passion.

It wasn’t until around my late thirties that I began to seek what my real passion might be. I searched for three years only to realize I’d been doing it my adult life – doing what I do now.

It took having a stroke to face and overcome those obstacles. Now I work on  being myself – my full self – including my quirks that showed up after the stroke, my metaphysical abilities and all. I’ve done this while working on honoring my physical limitations and those quirks. I’m definitely an ongoing work in progress. I continue to explore “Who am I now?”

I share my experiences and offer some insights from my own journey in hopes that my story may they help you through yours.

Available on Amazon -- Re-Writing My Future

Reviews 


No comments: