Translate

Sunday, April 4, 2021

I Stayed

 

 


 

 The silent victim is the one hidden in the shadows, embarrassed and scared to let others know what's going on. And afraid of what the abuser may do to them if they try to leave.

*    *    *

The relationship started off wonderful and pure. Once we got married, little things showed up...just enough for me to question myself. Did my spouse mean to snap at me?

I'm probably over-reacting or being overly sensitive.

I brushed it off.

The changes and outbursts were few and far between at first, but an unease was growing within me. A light gray mist clouded my mind as I struggled to figure out what I did wrong to trigger my spouse.

I stayed.

Screaming, yelling and berating me at home increased. Then it slowly began...Read More


by Jan Toomer

No comments: